Dear Parents and Guardians,
Parents Meeting – Thursday 29 October – We remind all Form 1, Form 2, Form 3 and Lower 6 parents of the invitation you received to tonight’s engagement meeting. We will be starting at 6pm with the agenda as follows:
1. COVID 19 Compliance
2. 2020 Term 3 Programme
a. Term calendar
b. Academic programme
c. Sports programme
3. 2021 Term 1 Programme
a. Academic offering
b. Sports & Camps
4. Discipline Issues
5. AOB – Questions and Answers
Please use this link/Google Meet code sent to you to join.
May-June CIE Certificates – The May-June 2020 IGCSE and AS CIE examination certificates are ready for collection from the Front Office. Parents and Guardians are invited to come and sign and collect their child’s certificates. These certificates are very important and are not easily replaced so should be well looked after.
Parcels for Boarders – Having received numerous requests from parents to send parcels to their boarder children, we sought medical advice on our current ‘no parcel’ policy and will as such, be making an adjustment. Any parcel sent to the school must be well wrapped in plastic as will be disinfected on arrival. The parcel will also be held in a form of quarantine for three days before distribution.
Form 4 and Upper 6 Boarder Checking Out Expectations:
In the case where one’s final examination ends too late to allow for a boarder to sign out on the day of their last examination, the pupil must be signed out from hostel by the end of the next day.
MCC 2018 Magazine – The outstanding 2018 College magazine was recently distributed to all legible Form 3 to Upper 6 pupils, and will be issued to legible Form 2 pupils on their return to physical school. We apologise for the delay in distribution.
Important Calendar Dates
- October 26: Physical Lessons commence for Form 3s, Virtual Lessons resume for Form 2s and Form 1s.
- November 9: Physical lessons commence for Form 2s and Form 1s.
- November 13: 2021 Form 1 Orientation Programme.
- November 16: Physical Lessons commence for Lower 6s.
- November 18: C.I.E October-November examination session ends.
- November 19: End of Year Examinations commence for Form 3s
- November 21 Speech Day Event
- November 23: End of Year Examinations commence for Form 2s and Form 1s
- November 27: End of Year Examinations End for all Form 1s, 2s & 3s
- December 6: Hostel Christmas Function
- December 7: GLS Pupil Development
- December 10: Form 2 Forum
- December 18 Term 3 – Official Closing Date
- January 4 2021 – Term 1 Begins
Reflection: “And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.” Romans 8:28 (AMP)