Dear Parents and Guardians,
Herewith some key information as you start to prepare for next term.
Term 2 Dates:
8 May – 3 August. Boarders are to check in to hostel between 12noon and 5pm on 8 May. Lessons start for all classes 9 May. A reminder to have concluded school fee payments and any payment plans with the Bursar by 1pm on Thursday 4 May in order for smooth processing of Admission Slips and return to school.
Winter uniform is to be worn for Term 2. Details of the uniform requirements are found on Pages 29 – 31 of our Orientation booklet: MCC ORIENTATION BOOK EBOOK.pdf
A reminder that Gweru can get very cold in winter so please ensure your child is well prepared.
A reminder that boarders are to have the required number uniform items as listed in the Boarder’s Check List: Orientation Booklet pages 44 – 46: MCC ORIENTATION BOOK EBOOK.pdf
Term 2 Sports Equipment Requirements:
Please refer to the requirements listed in the Orientation Booklet pages 30 – 31: MCC ORIENTATION BOOK EBOOK.pdf
However, please specifically note the following:
- Rugby is compulsory for all boys – All boys are to have the school rugby jersey and rugby boots. Scrum caps and gum guards are advisable. Those who wish to play with ‘skins’ may wear black or red ones.
- Hockey for U14s, U15s & U16s – All boys must have their own hockey stick, shin pads and gum guards
- Hockey is compulsory for all U14s, U15s & U16s – All girls must have their own hockey stick, shin pads and gum guards and two hockey practice balls.
June 2023 Examinations
Examination Dates: 24 April – 9 June 2023
For those with examinations that fall in the school holidays:
- Dress Code: School uniform and blazer
- Arrival Times: 7am for morning sessions AND 1pm for afternoon sessions
- Stationery Requirements: Black / dark blue pen, HB pencil, sharpener, eraser, ruler, calculator (subject specific). All stationery items are to be stored in a transparent case. Note – No sharing of stationary during the examination.
- Hostel admission slips are a requirement for boarders who will need to be accommodated.
November 2023 Examinations
- Registration is in progress. Parents are to expect emailed copies of registration forms by 14 April.
- On receipt of emailed registration form, please confirm candidate’s personal details and subjects selected by signing on the form against the teacher’s signatures. Please return the signed form, a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of payment to the school office or on email to email@example.com by 30 June 2023.
Public Examination Certificates
Please note that certificates for all public examinations written before December 2022 are available for collection from the Front Office. These include:
Cambridge ‘O’ Level Cambridge AS Level
Cambridge A Level LCME (Music)
HSK (Chinese) DELF – DALF (French)
ZIMSEC (Results Slips Only)
Holiday Office Hours
Pleas note the office hours are as follows: 8am – 4pm.
Celebrate with us
Hearty congratulations to the 8 Eagles who were selected into the ATS Zimbabwe Schools Cricket Teams:
U14s – Tadiwanashe Denga; U15s – Sean Mandaza; U16s – Junior Maligo, Panashe Chiminha, David Masawi; U18s – Munesu Masimbe, Chikomborero Wenga, Takurira Tapfuma.
We also celebrate the strong performance of our Rugby 10s team in Zambia this past weekend winning 3 out of the 4 games played!