Dear Parents and Guardians,
Parenting Input –
Parent and PAC member, Mr Mashava, will be ‘on the airwaves this evening’. Tune in for what is sure to be a good session.
To the following pupils who have been selected into the Gweru Junior Council for 2021 – 2022:
- Jessica Manhambo – Ward 3
- Nadine Mutangara – Ward 5
- Tadiwanashe Manyakaidze – Ward 6
Library Book Donations –
A reminder that all pupils were asked to donate at least two books towards our school library. Thank you to those who have already submitted their contributions. For those still needing to, a reminder of the guidelines:
- These may be new or second hand books and 2 is only a minimum number so students can donate more.
- Books should not be at odds with our Christian beliefs although they do not have to be religious Christian books. Examples of books that would not be welcome are books on other religions, horoscopes, excessive violence or material inappropriate for teenage readers.
- For those who are struggling to source books, USD30 or the equivalent may be paid to the cashier’s office in order for our Librarian to facilitate procurement on your child’s behalf.
We bid farewell to Miss Penduka as she moves town to be closer to family. We will indeed miss her but we thank her for her immense contribution to MCC and wish her all the very best!
Give Some Encouragement –
In this hot and busy season, we challenge you to be more conscious of connecting with your children, and in giving them encouragement. All Form 4s, Lower 6s and Upper 6s are busy with external examinations. Form 2s finish their Checkpoint Examinations this afternoon, and Form 3s are involved in their final preparations for the Mathematics examinations which they write next week. It is indeed a high pressure time with extra care and attention needed for your children.